Re: CSS3 draft and ::outside

From: HeroreV <herorev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:20:19 -0800 (PST)
To: www-style@w3.org

--- John Beisley <greatred@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would the paragraph text be rendered in red or
> black? I'm personally expecting it to be red,
> although this might not be the intended
> inheritance.

>From the current working draft of the CSS3 Generated
and Replaced Content Module:
"One difference between using elements and using
pseudo-elements is that the pseudo-elements inherit
from the elements (or pseudo-elements) that generate
them, not from those they are contained within."

You can read the rest at:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-css3-content-20030514/

This mailing list isn't intended for teaching CSS, but
if you feel that this type of inheritance isn't as
good as some other method, then this would be the
proper place to argue your point for changing it.