Re: [CSS21] Unclear wording in section 10.6.2, 10.3.2

From: Adam Kuehn <akuehn@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:16:23 -0500

At 05:24 AM 3/7/2006, Mikko Rantalainen wrote:
>Perhaps something along the lines:
>
>         If 'height' has a computed value of 'auto' and 'width'
>         also has computed value of 'auto' and the element has
>         an intrinsic height then the intrinsic height is the
>         used value of 'height'.
>
>I think it makes it more clear what are the pre-requisites and what
>is the result part.

I think it is pretty clear as is, but if you must re-cast, I would suggest:

If 'height' and 'width' both have computed values of 'auto' and the
element also has an intrinsic height, then that intrinsic height is
the used value of 'height'.

If this change is adopted, I would also suggest that the immediately
following paragraph should be reordered to provide an appropriate
parallel for the reader:

If 'height' and 'width' both have computed values of 'auto' and the
element has no intrinsic height, but does have an intrinsic width and
intrinsic ratio; or if 'height' has a computed value of 'auto',
'width' has some other computed value, and the element does have an
intrinsic ratio; then the used value of 'height' is:

(used width) / (intrinsic ratio)

In my opinion, that makes the progression much easier to follow.

-Adam Kuehn