Re: [CSS21] Unclear wording in section 10.6.2, 10.3.2

From: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:24:08 +0200

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
>>> Even so, it's not so clear what "one" refers to here...  Given where the
>>> clause comes, it would seem to refer to the "used value", which is not
>>> likely to be the intent.
>> In both cases, it refers to the element having an intrinsic dimension.
>
> In that case, I suggest something more like:
>
>     If 'height' has a computed value of 'auto', 'width' also has a
>     computed value of 'auto', and the element has an intrinsic height,
>     the intrinsic height is the used value of 'height'.

Perhaps it's just me but I read that as

	If 'height' has a computed value of 'auto' THEN 'width'
	also has [a] computed value of 'auto' and the element has
	an intrinsic height. The intrinsic height is the used
	value of 'height'.

Perhaps something along the lines:

	If 'height' has a computed value of 'auto' and 'width'
	also has computed value of 'auto' and the element has
	an intrinsic height then the intrinsic height is the
	used value of 'height'.

I think it makes it more clear what are the pre-requisites and what
is the result part.

--
Mikko