Search Engine CSS

From: Craig Francis <craig@synergycms.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 23:23:42 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

I have recently been thinking about how search engine spiders index a
website.

At the moment we can provide ways for the spiders to find the page,
but I do not think its possible for us to tell the spider things like
where the navigation bar is (as I think it should be indexed
differently to the main content of the page).

I have written a fairly small document explaining how a future
version of CSS could help present the documents structure and data to
search engine spiders in a better way than their current guesswork
methods.

It would be great if you can give me some feedback.

http://www.krang.org.uk/searchEngineCSS/

Sorry, for the use of an external link... at the moment I still want
to be able to make changes to the document as people make comments or
suggest changes.