Re: [BULK] - Re: [XHTML2] Spirit of "1.1.3. XHTML 2 and Presentation" (PR#7759)

> Some things are universal, and deserve a special place in the world.
> Style and script are universal to browsers, so I just accept that HTML

I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure that <script> originated from
JavaScript and not from HTML, or at least not from the HTML standardisation
process.

> was right first time, at least in terms of what the respective elements
> were called, what they represented, how people understand those things
> and how browsers implement them already.<br>

Script generally shouldn't be needed in true documents, and in web
applications, the function could be performed by, say, Java, or .NET
bytecode, so script is too narrow a term in those contexts.

> If the standard were something like "unless explicitly specified
> otherwise, in all tagged documents, in all contexts, &lt;style&gt; and

W3C has no jurisdiction over many forms of tagged documents.

Browser directives should, as I understand SGML/XML (and I may be wrong)
be processing instructions, not markup elements.

PS.  Please do not send HTML to public mailing lists.  You will find
that none of the regulars do (and if you are going to use HTML, don't
misuse <br>, <b>, etc., and do make it comply with its declared DTD.