Re: [BULK] - Re: [XHTML2] Spirit of "1.1.3. XHTML 2 and Presentation" (PR#7759)

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:24:14 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 05:10:49PM +0000, Paul Mitchell wrote:
>    Good examples, although the fashion and movie industries might not
>    appreciate being seen as reasons for the web to avoid agreement on
>    important matters

This could be interpreted as an accusation that I don't want to find a
solution to the problem and am actively looking for ways to avoid
finding one. I'm not, I just don't think that this is a good solution.

> , and could be persuaded to use other terms,

It might be a bit late for that if such formats are already in use.

> or specify content types.

So it would be standard for all XML documents, but not XML documents
of type application/movie-script+xml? This strikes me as, at best, a
confusing way to go about things.