Re: XBL in CSS

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Werner Donné wrote:

> Such CSS applications would be possible without interference with the
> CSS specification if the latter would allow namespace prefixes in
> property names as well as in pseudo class names.

It does; that's what the XBL spec is using today. The question is whether
the CSS community minds if we remove the prefix and just put the
properties in the main namespace.

So far it seems that there is not a clear consensus; the majority of
implementors seem to favour putting the property and the pseudo-class in
the main CSS namespace, and the other commenters were about evenly split.