Re: Selector for parent/predecessor?

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:07:35 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Using a single table to create a basic "layout" does not need to
> increase the size of the code by more than a small and insignificant
> amount when compared to so-called "CSS layouts".

I suspect he may actually have been referring to the fact that the
way that tables are used in the wild for layout prevents rendering
on popular browsers until the whole table and all its subordinate
resources have been transferred, preventing interaction with the
page, and particular its first screenful, for many seconds on some
connections.