Summary (was: Proposed ::last-line and ::last-letter selectors)

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:37:31 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

1. CSS WG members, who are true maniacs and collect newspapers, books,
    restaurant menus and dozens of other print materials all around
    the world (I am _not_ kidding) have almost never seen need for those
    pseudos.

2. the implementation cost of these pseudos is very expensive.

3. the specification cost of how these pseudos really work - and I
    remind you that something that _looks_ simple like the ::first-letter
    pseudo is in fact very complex and the CSS WG spent incredible
    amounts of time on it - is very expensive too.

So: extremely narrow user base, high cost and complexity.
Conclusion: rejected.

Is that clearer ?-)

</Daniel>