Re: Proposed ::last-line and ::last-letter selectors

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:33:53 +0100
CC: www-style@w3.org

I've sat quietly by until now, but I feel I can
do so no longer.  There most certainly is a
fairly common need to treat 1st, others, and
last lines differently, to produce the following
visual effect :

This is used (for example) in typesetting
very long chapter headings, and for typesetting
very long entries in Tables of Contents and
in Indices.  Thus although I find Andrés'
argument weak, I do believe there is a case
for providing access to these three components
of a virtual paragraph.

Philip Taylor