Re: Proposed ::last-line and ::last-letter selectors

On 8/15/06, Andrés <adelfino@gmail.com> wrote:
> So you want me to think all uses designers which I don't even know
> will give them?? Please remember hackers, they always find ways I just
> can't imagine.
>
> Simmetry is a the basis of a logical way of working. This is not a
> crazy thing!, is to select the last (character|line) for the love of
> god!
>
> If one can do something in a given way, it must be possible to do it
> the opposite way.
>
> Anyway, I suppouse I should start a poll or something...

I would argue though that this isn't symmetrical. Left side versus
right side yes, but not top/bottom. There are no languages that I know
of that read bottom-up.

While I, too, like symmetry I don't think that this is a case of that.
The first character and first line have no equivalent in bottom line
and bottom character.

And if we did a poll I'm fairly positive people would be
overwhelmingly against the idea.

--

Orion Adrian