Re: captions

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:17:51 +0100
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

http://www.peepo.co.uk/index.svg uses an rdf schema for a similar
purpose.
I'd be interested in comments.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 15 Apr 2006, at 10:22, fantasai wrote:

We currently have a 'caption-side' property for manipulating table
captions.
They can be moved above or below the table without affecting the
markup at all.

I think the same kind of control should be available for figure
captions, source
code snippet captions, etc. We could turn them all into tables, but
that doesn't
seem appropriate: tables carry a lot of other baggage besides the
ability to
manipulate caption positions.

~fantasai