Re: Simple template-based editing

From: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:29:44 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

Isn't this a problem solely caused by the package nature of HTML? If
so why is it in the scope of CSS since CSS is supposed to style many
languages. Or is CSS willing to change itself for the needs of this
specific language (HTML)?

If I have a language that says each resource will have one author and
won't include things like branding, navigation, headers or footers, or
asides then isn't this problem avoided completely? If I have more
ad-hoc resources, then there isn't a need to say only certain parts of
the document need to be editable. I'd simply work with them at the
object/file level and that would be specified by the OS though
security.

--

Orion Adrian