[css3-text] Text shadow issues

From: Christian Biesinger <cbiesinger@web.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 02:56:20 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,
I'm currently implementing text-shadow support. I have a few questions
about the specification text at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-css3-text-20030514/#text-shadows (and the
pretty similar CSS2 wording, but given that this property was removed in
CSS 2.1, it will probably not be clarified in a further CSS 2 revision).

This is a property that's not inherited. The spec also says "to be
applied to the text of the element". What exactly does this mean? My
understanding was that it means "text nodes that are immediate childs of
this DOM node". Is that correct?

Also, is the drawing order of shadow effects and the normal text of
other elements specified? That is, can a shadow overlay the text of
other nodes in a document?

thanks,
-biesi