RE: CSS vs tables for layout

From: Joseph McBride <Joseph.McBride@utsa.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:24:23 -0500
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

Boris,
I had not considered addressing "CSS table display types".  I'm assuming
that browser support for this is minimal as practitioners rarely (if
ever) address it in discussion.

My intent is to consider the costs and benefits of different layout
development methods for practioners.  In addition to considering the
"CSS table model" as one of those methods, are there any other
methods/problems/considerations you feel are relevant, especially as
they relate to gathering data on the topic.

Do you feel such an analysis, or variation on this is relevant to
practitioners?

Thanks for your time,
Joe McBride