Re: CSS vs tables for layout

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:02:31 -0500
To: Joseph McBride <Joseph.McBride@utsa.edu>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Joseph McBride wrote:
> As part of a capstone experience for my degree, I was planning on doing
> some formal research on the tables vs. CSS for layout debate.

Debate?  Or false dichotomy?

The thing some people have issues with is not using tables for layout but using
HTML <table> tags, which carry the semantics of actual tabular data, for layout.
  You can use the CSS table display types for layout to your heart's content as
far as anyone's concerned....

-Boris