RE: CSS 3 color module and deprecation of "system" colors

From: Michael Cooper <michaelc@watchfire.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:09:00 -0400
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3c.org>, <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>

> Then again, I may be the only one who holds that particular point of
> view then...
>
> --
> Patrick H. Lauke

For the record: I have been a fan of system colours and find certain in certain applications they can meet my desire to design in a manner that is a) conformant to the remainder of the user's user interface and b) maximally accessible to users with certain colour preferences. I agree with Patrick's arguments that they do in fact impact accessibility and that the proposed replacement in CSS 3 does not completely address the void that would be left by removing system colour support. I hope others will speak up in favour of retaining them as well, and that the CSS team will take these thoughts into consideration.

Michael

--- Signature ---

Michael Cooper
Accessibility Product Manager, Watchfire
1 Hines Rd Suite 200, Kanata, ON  K2K 3C7  Canada
Tel: +1 (613) 599-3888 x4019
Fax: +1 (613) 599-4661
Email: michaelc@watchfire.com
Web: http://www.watchfire.com/