Re: CSS 3 color module and deprecation of "system" colors

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 01:30:21 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

>> In practice though it's not system default, but - as the description
>> implies - browser default.

> OK.  Then please define "system default" as I requested.

Operating system default colours. Yes, you're right that some of the
original CSS 2.1 system colours don't map to other platforms, but
nonetheless any OS would presumably have a certain set of standard
colours such as basic foreground/background combinations for a document,
a highlighted piece of text, etc.

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com