Re: CSS 3 color module and deprecation of "system" colors

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:03:26 -0500
To: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> I'm aware of how to do borders, but how to force the document itself to
> use the system's default background/foreground colours? Or am I really
> missing something fundamental here?

You're not setting the colors, are you?  So in the absence of user or user-agent
styling the initial value of "color" will be used.  The definition of "color" says:

   Initial: depends on user agent

Sounds pretty close to "system default" to me...  Otherwise, what is your
definition of "system default"?

-Boris