Re: [css21] Tables section comments

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 11:43:32 +0200 (MEST)
To: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> > [1] http://www.w3.org/mid/2457.1108461756@www59.gmx.net
>
> Reading your comments I'm not sure how you can be satisfied with:
>
> # table { empty-cells: show }
>
> ... considering that the property only applies to "'table-cell'
> elements".

Ian pointed out to me that "empty-cells" is inherited (I already slapped
me), so per se, the example is correct. In my opinion, it still might be
less confusing to e.g. use a "td" element selector instead, but the example
is more practical since it would include empty "th" elements, too. No caveat
anymore.

--
Jens Meiert
Information Architect