Re: [css21] parsing of comment and element nodes inside style declaration

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:24:12 +0200
To: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>What is the expected output of the following documents:
> <http://annevankesteren.nl/test/css/syntax/009>
> <http://annevankesteren.nl/test/css/syntax/010>
> <http://annevankesteren.nl/test/css/syntax/011>
>
>(Should the document have a red, green or no background...)
>
>If possible, could someone point me to where this is defined in CSS 2.1?

Well, your documents have xhtml1:style elements and your question is
whether these style elements define author style sheets and if, which.
I do not really think that this is something CSS should answer, the
individual markup languages should. And it seems that e.g. XHTML and
SVG have different answers to these questions.