Re: [css21] parsing of comment and element nodes inside style declaration

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:11:47 +0200
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Quoting Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>:
> Well, your documents have xhtml1:style elements and your question is
> whether these style elements define author style sheets and if, which.
> I do not really think that this is something CSS should answer, the
> individual markup languages should. And it seems that e.g. XHTML and
> SVG have different answers to these questions.

I assume that in XHTML 1 only DOM text nodes should be taken care of. In that
case Opera would only fail 011 (green is a pass) and Firefox 009 and 011.

Still, the XHTML 1 specification is not really clear about this. (The WHATWG
specification Web Applications 1.0 is pretty clear.)

Haven't investigated SVG yet...

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>