Re: [validator] Proprietary extensions

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:52:18 +0200
To: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

* Mikko Rantalainen wrote:
>I think validator should regognize proprietary extensions as
>described in the spec. That is, scrollbar-related stuff should *not*
>be regognized as a proprietary extension. On the other hand, stuff
>like -xyz-property-name and _xyz-property-name should be marked as
>proprietary. For example, it currently gives error
>
>   Property -moz-border-radius doesn't exist : 0.5em
>
>whereas it could return only warning
>
>   Only syntax checked for proprietary extension: -moz-border-radius

Please note that the Validator just implements what the spec defines and
CSS 2.1 is clear that a Valid CSS 2.1 Style Sheet cannot contain such
properties. If you think a Valid CSS 2.1 Style Sheet should be allowed
to include such properties, you should file a comment on the CSS 2.1
draft to this effect. Please check the archives for previous discussions
on this.

Also note that the correct list for comments on the CSS Validator would
be www-validator-css, as per <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/Email>.