Re: What 'Advanced Layout' suggestions have been proposed?

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dimitri.glazkov@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 20:51:42 -0500
To: Ben Ward <benmward@gmail.com>
Cc: W3C Style List <www-style@w3.org>

On 10/3/05, Ben Ward <benmward@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hope that helps,

Thanks, Ben. That was indeed helpful and insightful.

Now, if you don't mind, I would like to take this discussion on a
slightly different route -- conceptually, what pseudo-containers
mechanism does is create a second DOM tree, which is different from
the original DOM tree.

My thinking is (and I've tried to articulate this concept in a
haphazardous fashion before on a WhatWg list) that this DOM tree
should also be accessible to scripting, so that more complex
manipulations could be performed on this tree for purely
presentational purposes, without having to worry about affecting the
content DOM tree.

What are this list's thoughts on this idea?

:DG<