[CSS21] Status of defult (intrinsic) style sheet in UA

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:16:35 -0800
To: <www-style@w3.org>

It seems like most of UAs have their own
intrinsic style sheets for defining
default rendering of HTML elements like the one
provided here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/sample.html

Q: How this style is being applied?

For example in the document above we have:

ol ul, ul ol,
ul ul, ol ol    { margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0 }

But if we define in the document something like:
ol { margin-top: 1pt; margin-bottom: 1pt }

then it will override all instances of ol without
respect of specificity of styles in default table.

I guess that we need to put couple of words in comment
section of http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/sample.html
about status of this (and similar) intrinsinc tables of styles.

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com