Re: Line Breaking Properties and the inline box model

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 17:22:31 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:57:34 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> ... and the SPAN element has a 'border'. Is line-breaking allowed? I
> assume it is allowed when the SPAN is set to 'display:block'.

The question here really is about when the SPAN element is set to
'display:inline'. Sorry for making that unclear.

The problem is that CSS defines certain things with regard to characters,
like collapsing whitespace, but that Unicode has also specified a set of
specific rules for text formatting. It is unclear how they interoperate.

Kind regards,

Anne van Kesteren

--
Anne van Kesteren