Re: [SVGMobile12] last call WD comments (2005.05.20rev2)

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 10:29:14 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> d-3) progressive Rendering in Section 5.9.2
> This progressive rendering specifies the internal
> processing model in relation to SAX parser.
> This is an important part of implementation to make
> optimization. Such a description interfere the footprint
> optimized implementation.
> The description on the internal processing model should
> be carefully considered and minimized.

It seems to me that, if you accept the position that several
implementors seem to be making that W3C standards should have
no error cases but only fully specified edge cases, the same
logic that makes authors rely on a single de factor error
behaviour will also make them depend on a single de facto
internal processing model for rendering.

As such, if edge case handling is to be fully specified, the
internal processing must, also, be full specified in as much as it
affects the external behaviour (including significant timing
characteristics).