Re: [CSS21] Definition of the S token

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:36:51 -0500
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote:
> I'd rather we removed \f, personally... Why would it include \v,
> particularly?

Most simply because those are the characters that C's isspace() returns true for
in the POSIX locale....  No strong reasons either way, though, and in practice
it may not matter -- I doubt people really use these chars in CSS.

In any case, I suggest that a test for this be added to the CSS2.1 test suite,
since I doubt this part is implemented interoperably (eg Gecko allows \v here; I
wouldn't be surprised if other implementations do not).

-Boris