Re: ECMAScript in CSS aka "Expressions"

Ben Curtis wrote:
> 3. A visitor views a page, toggles the visibility on (script sets var
> PrevDisplay = foo.style.display;), then off (script sets
> foo.style.display = PrevDisplay; -- that is, "none")

Why doesn't the script do the sane thing and just _unset_ the value
instead of setting it to the old value (which, as you point out, is not
the same thing).  Sounds like a basic design bug in the script to me.

Note that I do think the idea you propose has some merit in general;
it's just that this particular use case is not a good use case for it.

-Boris