Re: [CSS21] Please endorse xml:id

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:04:22 -0700
To: "Matthew Raymond" <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Cc: "www-style" <www-style@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Raymond" <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: "www-style" <www-style@w3.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 6:01 AM
Subject: Re: [CSS21] Please endorse xml:id

| Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
| > "A user agent that supports XHTML [XHTML], but not HTML (as listed in
the
| >  previous sentence) [,] is not considered [as] an HTML user agent for
the
| > purpose of conformance with this specification."
| >
| > Correct me if I am wrong.
|
|    I agree with the comma, but not the "as".

Thanks.

I understand this statement as:

1) Only pure HTML UA is considered for purpose of conformance with this
specification.
2) Pure XHTML/CSS UA cannot be considered as "interoperable implementation".

Does it mean that CSS contain constructions which can be demonstarted
only in HTML and not in XHTML?

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com