Re: Proposal: content-vertical-alignment

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> I've already published this in the list not once: [...]

This definition is not well-defined. For example: what does it mean for a
length to not be interpreted at all? What is an "element attribute"? What
does it mean to "compete for space along an axis"? How does this interact
with section 10 of 2.1? What is the computed value of lengths with such
units? What is the parsing requirement? What properties does it apply to?

> From formal point of view "formal" definition at least is not worse than
> definition of multi-length units in current HTML spec[1].

The HTML4 spec is one of the worst specs _ever_ to have been published by
the W3C when it comes to conformance criteria. It is _extremely_ badly
defined and is certainly not a spec to look up to when it comes to looking
at how to define a CSS unit.