RE: CSS3 Thai line breaking

> They rely on white space collapsing to a space, not to nothing.

Is this an assumption you are making? Or, can you provide specific web
page designers who have said this is what they are doing?

The pseudo-text was done for your convenience. So you have a little idea
of who I am and my background...
I coded the complex script support for IE 4.01 and IE 5, as well as
enabling other software like Publisher 2000. I have been doing
international text processing for about 20 years, so I understand how
this stuff works...or at least is supposed to work. 8-) I have also been
responsible for shaping scripts and OpenType font support in Windows.

Regards,

Paul