Re: [CSS21] Editorial - Layout of Good/Bad example

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:49:26 -0700
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Wednesday 2005-07-13 14:22 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:

> This is just a minor comment
>
> It came to my mind because I have reviewed two specifications doing
> the same thing, this one and SVG.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CSS21-20050613/syndata.html
>
> SVG Mobile 1.2 has a beautiful way to present the examples. They are
> very clear in the text.
> See http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/
>
> Like there are good and bad examples, you could use two different
> layout styles for them. :)

There actually are two different styles.  But for the latest draft of
CSS2.1, the stylesheet didn't get published for some reason, so a lot of
styling in the spec is missing.  Compare:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CSS21-20050613/style/default.css
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-CSS21-20040225/style/default.css

-David

          Technical Lead, Layout & CSS, The Mozilla Foundation