Re: [CSS21] properties for table-column (In HTML: COL) & table-column-group (In HTML: COLGROUP) items.

Laurens Holst wrote:

> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>
>> Although ::before doesn't seem to work on elemenents styled with
>> 'display: table-*' in Firefox or Opera, I couldn't find anything in
>> the specs that says ::before doesn't apply to such elements.
>
> Before is not a pseudo-class which selects the element before it, but it
> is a pseudo-element, which is inserted before the element you select.

I know that, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to do.  if you
take a look at the example I provided previously, I was trying to
generate another box before the first child element in the table (if it
was not a col or colgroup element) so that it could be styled as a
'table-column'.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/