Re: [CSS21] properties for table-column (In HTML: COL) & table-column-group (In HTML: COLGROUP) items.

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 22:37:51 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Well I would have gotten rid of font size and family selection a long
> time ago, but that's me.

That tends to re-inforce the idea that you are not really interested
in styling but in better semantic markup in HTML itself.  There is
a big demand from people who commission web sites for these features,
which is why Netscape added them very early in its life.  I'd agree
that they are often used in ways that are bad for the consumer, but
the consumer rarely pays directly for the web site.