Re: Collapsing 0 width margin; CSS version system

From: Rijk van Geijtenbeek <rijk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:54:44 +0100
To: "WWW Style" <www-style@w3.org>

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 18:32:26 +0100, Laurens Holst
<lholst@students.cs.uu.nl> wrote:
..

> I'd say versioning CSS is not as much for the purpose of validation, as
> it a means to enable breaking existing specifications, 'start over' with
> things that appeared to be not such-a-good-idea afterwards after all,
> and clean things up which have become messy because backwards
> compatibility needs to be retained.

I don't think versioning is a feasible solution. Or needed. It is easier
to introduce new properties, which will be automatically ignored by
currently existing browsers.

--
The Web is a procrastination apparatus:    |  Rijk van Geijtenbeek
It can absorb as much time as              |   Documentation & QA