Re: [css3-background] some initial feedback

Bert Bos wrote:
>> Also there is a lot of red in the draft and no clear reason why the
>> separate background and border module had to be merged.
>
> Because 'border-image' also creates a background, and because for
> many designers, it seems, borders and backgrounds belong together:
> what looks like a border, can actually be made up of images that are
> backgrounds in CSS terms.

I understand that. It would be nice if the draft said that in the
"Abstract" chapter for example or in a new chapter "Introduction" which
gives some examples of usage.

>> The abstract also still refers to CSS 2.0 instead of CSS 2.1. Was
>> that intended?
>
> Yes, while CSS 2.1 is not a Recommendation yet.

That contradicts for a bit with chapter 2.1 about changes from CSS 2.1.

>> The lack of subsections in the draft makes it quite hard to read.
>
> I'm open for suggestions.

Grouping the properties in two chapters and creating subsections from
that would make it more clear I guess. (One for 'border' and one for
'background', obviously.)

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>