selecting text?

From: Michael <mogmios@mlug.missouri.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:57:56 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org

Is there a way to select the text inside a tag rather than the tag with
the text inside of it? I ask because I have a page which I'm applying
opacity to the buttons that are rendered by the anchor tags. This works
fine and looks nice in Mozilla. I'd like to select the text so that I
can keep it's opacity at 1 so that it is not also translucent. Is this
possible? I'd like to keep from making any changes to the existing HTML
if possible. Thanks.

--
Michael <mogmios@mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org