Re: XHTML as XML

Wouldn't

html { margin: 0; padding: 0 }
head { display: none }
body {height: 100%; width: 100% }

Do the trick? It doesn't really make sense for the body element to be
magical, as

head { display: block }

is entirely possible, and for some media may be ideal--I'm thinking here
some text-based or small-screen browsers that want to do something
special with title, link and meta elements.

I think the real problem is that the default stylesheet for the
Mozilla-based browsers includes unnecessary whitespace--which you can
easily work around.

--

Ryan Cannon
Instructional Technology