Re: selectors 6.6.1: formatting

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Elliotte Harold wrote:

> In that case, I suggest the following change. Remove "therefore" as
> previously suggested in this thread and reverse the order of the two
> paragraphs. i.e.
>
> UAs may treat all links as unvisited links, or implement other measures
> to preserve the user's privacy while rendering visited and unvisited
> links differently.
>
> Note: It is possible for style sheet authors to abuse the :link and
> :visited pseudo-classes to determine which sites a user has visited
> without the user's consent.

This would lose the definite cause-and-effect relationship between the
mention of the security risk, and the conformance clause.

Like I said, this current wording is the result of significant discussion
within the working group (I mean, several dozen man-hours). I do not think
I will be able to convince the working group to change the text for mere
editorial reasons.