To use or not to use print stylesheets

From: Julian Herten-Greaven <jherteng@strategyfirst.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 07:36:39 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

Hello,

With regard to using "print" stylesheets, I have the following question:

If the user would prefer not to use what is often a very light "print"
version of the page they're viewing when they print it, and would rather
have it print AS IS -- what is the generally accepted norm here?

Conversely, as a web surfer, is there any way I can have my browser ignore
the "print" stylesheet go back to the good-ol-days of getting a page to
print as it is presented to me?

Regards,
Julian Herten-Greaven