Re: To use or not to use print stylesheets

"Julian Herten-Greaven" <jherteng@strategyfirst.com> wrote:

>With regard to using "print" stylesheets, I have the following question:
>
>If the user would prefer not to use what is often a very light "print"
>version of the page they're viewing when they print it, and would rather
>have it print AS IS -- what is the generally accepted norm here?
>
>Conversely, as a web surfer, is there any way I can have my browser ignore
>the "print" stylesheet go back to the good-ol-days of getting a page to
>print as it is presented to me?

Alternate print stylesheets can be offered, although afaik currently no
browser offers the user a native way to select between alternate print
stylesheets.

This, and other "How to" questions such as how an author can currently
offer options for printing, or how a web surfer can circumvent an author
print stylesheet are off topic for this list as per the list rules @
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/ That resource contains
pointers to appropriate places for such questions.

--
Spartanicus