Re: [CSS21] Unclear status of different versions

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Chris Lilley wrote:

>>> My point exactly. If you want to propose a change to the W3C Process,
>>> I can point you to the list for such proposals. However, it would be
>>> simpler and quicker to use an existing term.
>>
>> Very well. I shall forward your request that we rescind the original
>> revision of CSS2 to the working group for more detailed discussion.
>
> You mentioned something earlier about the wisdom of putting words in
> another's mouth?

Chris, the three options are:

 1. Call CSS 2.1 a new edition of the original CSS2.

 2. Rescind the original CSS2.

 3. Do what the CSS working group are doing today.

You said you didn't want 3. We can't do 1, because we have made normative
changes. Yet you were requiring that we do either 1 or 2. That leaves 2.

Hence, my conclusion that you were asking for 2.

Since apparently that _isn't_ what you are asking, I once again request
you to please re-explain what it is that the CDF and SVG working groups
are asking for in this issue.