Re: [CSS21] Unclear status of different versions

On Monday, August 29, 2005, 5:39:29 PM, Ian wrote:

IH> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Chris Lilley wrote:
>>>
>>> Could you point us to the exact terms you would like us to use? The
>>> official terms I could find were "edition" and "rescinded", neither of
>>> which, per W3C process, can be used in this situation.
>>
>> My point exactly. If you want to propose a change to the W3C Process, I
>> can point you to the list for such proposals. However, it would be
>> simpler and quicker to use an existing term.

IH> Very well. I shall forward your request that we rescind the original
IH> revision of CSS2 to the working group for more detailed discussion.

You mentioned something earlier about the wisdom of putting words in
another's mouth?

However, if rescinding is indeed what you want to do, please be sure
that you have negotiated with those groups who would be affected by such
a change and then make it clear in the CSS 2.1 specification that
Rescinding CSS2 is planned.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead