Re: [CSS21] Wider variety of (non-junk) examples requested

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:48:00 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Friday, August 26, 2005, 8:31:32 PM, Boris wrote:

BZ> Chris Lilley wrote:
>> Its rather sad to see this sort of allergic reaction to the mere
>> suggestion of making something be conforming XML

BZ> As far as I can see, the allergic reaction is to the suggestion of
BZ> making changes to an example that require a lot of time investment
BZ> to get right, have dubious benefit, and have a high probability of
BZ> introducing errors in the spec.

I was thinking also of the "currently fashionable syntax" mention. Of
course, the XML Activity might consider unambiguous parsing to be more
than a "dubious benefit".

BZ> I have not seen much in the way of objections to adding XML examples
BZ> in general (in addition to the HTML examples), insomuch as time
BZ> permits.

I agree that there has not been much objection to it or, indeed,
agreement to it or discussion of it.

If adding new examples is easier than converting existing invalid or
malformed examples, then doing so might be acceptable.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead