[CSS3 Text] Removal of text-overflow

From: Brad Fults <bfults@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:07:04 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
I searched through the www-style archives and found only one notable
mention[1] of "text-overflow" which was contained in a set of comments on
the css3-text module working draft. I see that text-overflow (and much else)
was a part of a previous version of the css3-text working draft[2] but is
now missing in the current version[3].

Were the reasons for removal ever discussed publicly? If so, I'd appreciate
a pointer in that direction. If not, I'd like to pose the question here.

Thanks.

[1] - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2002Nov/0153
[2] - http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-css3-text-20030514/
[3] - http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/