Re: Gradients in CSS3?

Laurens Holst wrote:
> The cascading can in theory make it degrade well as Matthew pointed out,
> but: will authors specify a fallback colour? For every author that
> doesn’t, the page is probably impossible or very hard to use on browsers
> that don’t support those gradients. So, the syntax would at least need
> to inherently provide a fallback, like:
>
> background-color: blue;
> background-color-gradient-to: top-bottom red;

That's not necessary, gradient() would degrade in exactly the same way
that other relatively new colour functions will in existing browsers.
(e.g. rgba(), hsl(), etc.).  We shouldn't complicate the syntax in order
to force some form of graceful degredation upon lazy authors.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/