Re: Styling form controls

Garrett Smith schrieb:
> I want to be able to style form controls.

Usually I want to punch people in the face, who want that, but you gave
reasonable examples, where this could be beneficial.

> <input type=:"checkbox" style="display: block" /> does not work.

It does work as expected (after you delete that erronous colon).

> checkbox {
>    background: #fff url(/img/checkbox.gif) no-repeat;
> }

You actually want to use 'content', not 'background' or
'background-image'. Those selectors don't work with HTML of course,
you'd rather use "input[type='checkbox']".