Re: Gradients in CSS3?

Slalomsk8er wrote:
> I don't think this is needed as the background-colors default is
> |transparent so it will look like a "normal" box but if you are a
> webmaster and do a gradient not from or to transparent, then I hope you
> did set a |background-color like Ben wrote. But where is the problem? As
> long as the content can be read and the page does not look like in a
> candyshop (this can happen with background-color-gradient-to:) it does
> not bother me.
>
> With background-color: blue; background-color-gradient-to: top-bottom
> red; how can I get it to look clean (background-color: |transparent;|)
> if the browser fails know the gradient? It is a design nightmare if the
> background-color is always part of the gradient!

Hmm, well ok I guess. It was just a thought :). I don’t really believe
just letting the CSS spec or common sense ‘require’ a fallback to be
specified will be sufficient, so that’s why I was looking for something
more ‘automatic’. After all, look how many websites specify foreground
colours without specifying background colours (assuming the browser’s
default white one)?

Emrah BASKAYA wrote:
>> background-color-gradient-to: top-bottom red;
> I still prefer the degree solution, which I have detailed (and no-one
> seems to be bothered with it!)
Of course the ‘top-bottom’ keyword can be replaced with 90deg or
something...

I saw the image (cool), didn’t notice the actual text on it though :).
Anyways, I think it kinda looks similar to gradient() mentioned earlier,
doesn’t it?

Anyways...

~Grauw