Re: Gradients in CSS3?

From: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:25:20 +0200
To: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Orion Adrian schreef:
>>background-color: gradient(blue, white, 0, 0, 100%, 100%);
>
> How much of this desire to put it into CSS is because nobody wants to
> implement SVG and/or nobody thinks authors will learn SVG just to get
> gradients?

SVG means that separate image files have to be used, while for many
cases one single line of CSS could suffice. This syntax is a bad
example, but I think Ben Wardís gradient(start-color, end-color,
direction) is a very good suggestion.

I mean, we theoretically donít even need background-color because we can
specify an image which has the appropriate colour as well... Would that
be practical, or efficient? Not really...

~Grauw